Thursday, November 28, 2013

Skincare Products I Cannot Live Without

Hello all! ▼o・_・o▼コンニチワン♪

Today I will be sharing with you two products that changed my life dramatically... and they're not Asian products!!


However, they are SUPER EFFECTIVE! Like strong Pokemon. Hahahaha :x


Let me begin with what my skin is like first!


So I was given the gift of super sensitive skin when I came into this world. My mom's genes were strong, and so I go through life with [facial] skin that is

  1. prone to mild freckling (from sun exposure),
  2. easily dry and/or oily,
  3. and very prone to breakouts
I have come to peace with  #1 and #2 since freckles are kind of cute (and if I really don't want to look freckly, I can always use more BB or concealer) and I realized that moisturizing is key to balancing the natural face oils.

#3 cannot be loved. Ever.

It took a lot of trial-and-error before I found the right products to use for my skin. Because my skin is delicate/sensitive, I can't just cover my pimples with toothpaste and expect them gone the following morning. (Yes, toothpaste works, but it depends on your skin type as it may irritate your pimples more, causing it to be even redder and puffier; I've tried this)

Some may mention,"Maybe you were eating too much junk food", or maybe even,"You just need more exercise and hydration. Water!" Though I do not exercise every day, I do it every other day, and I drink water regularly! I eat quite healthy and sleep the right amount, so what is up with my skin?!


Skin demons. That's what I believed for a while. Little demons poking at my skin, causing pimples to rise. It made sense...but how do I kill the skin demons?!

After a long time of product testing, I have found the two products I cannot live without. I am SO serious when I say this, as I ran out of one product and suffered from pimples for 2 weeks until I finally replenished.


What SUPER products are you using?!





1. Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight and Fade Toner 
$6.39 at Drugstore.com
This toner cut a lot of time healing for me. For those of you who suffer from acne or acne scars, or breakout at fluctuating moments, this is the best toner to use. A few years back, I would just pop my pimples (though I knew I should not) because they were just SO gross! Because of that, I had quite a number of dotted scars on my forehead and the side of my face, and for a long time, I thought the only way to get rid of it would be through dermabrasion, which sounded costly and scary to me!

I believed that concealer will hide it all, but come on, who wants to wake up and have to conceal so much? Certainly not me!!

I purchased this toner on drugstore.com since there were good reviews for the item, and the toner itself has what I want in its name: FIGHT and FADE. I was so lucky, it works! At the time, I was more worried about my existing pimples, and wanted to have them tone down. After using it for two weeks, I noticed that my skin was more balanced, and I broke out significantly less, if at all. After that, I started noticing my scars fading! I was so happy! It's a decent-sized bottle for one person, so it lasted me quite some time! It works for me so well, I am already on my third bottle!!



The downside is that it is drying. From my personal experience, this is best used after a shower before you go to bed (did you know your body heals at night? that's the best time to really have your skin absorb nutrients!), and use some moisturizer afterwards. Do NOT put moisturizer on your pimples though, as you will be feeding them, making them grow and cancelling the toner's effects. You wouldn't want the skin demons back!


2. Shiseido Pureness Blemish Clearing Gel
$19-$24 at department/beauty stores


This does the rest of the job. For every flaming red pimple that has ever got lucky to get pass my toner, this one is like the ninja that kills the pimple slowly every night. On any type of pimple, the little ones, the puffy swollen ones, the ones starting to sprout, this little vial makes sure that they live a short life.

I actually ran out of this about two weeks ago, and I finally go a replacement yesterday. Trust me, the two weeks without it was HORRIBLE. My breakouts were around my brows and I couldn't do anything to get rid of them until I got another vial. They're almost fully healed now.



These are products I purchase on my own, so this is 100% un-bias review!

Are there any products you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment