Tuesday, April 17, 2012

626 Night Market and Shopping! ♥

What is up?!  -(♥u♥)-

Small update on my past weekend. I know, I'm getting better at updates now huh! Yessss~

 Finally going out to socialize, a.k.a. FINALLY SHOPPING!

This weekend I went to 626 Night Market. For those of you who do not know, night markets are around Asia a lot. They are basically clothing/food/hobby stands lined along the sides of the streets, and people just go out at night and shop around! Really fun, especially if you go with friends and have nothing to do and have money to toss.

This night market was held in Pasadena, so I decided to meet up with some friends there and do some shopping/eating before it started (starts at 6pm!).


 
Went to Little Tokyo for lunch before heading out to Pasadena. RAMEN! We had ramen and tea.

When we finished eating, we browsed the shops around the area before heading to Pasadena. When we got to Pasadena...it was SHOPPING TIME!

 
 I have NEVER shopped at Zara before. I know what clothes they have, and I know the fitting would be better for me (I am 5'7", and my arms are a bit long so not all brands have tops that fit me well!). Zara has all the clothes I would wear, but I never liked shopping alone, and since I have been busy, I never got to grab my friends to go in to splurge with me. So obviously since I finally got to go, I purchased something. Nothing big, promise ;X

We went to other shops too, but being picky, I did not find that much that I liked (plus having long arms doesn't help me in this situation).
 
 Went to Argentinian restaurant 1810 Restaurant for dinner after shopping. Ordered lightly battered/fried steak with tomato sauce and cheese (I know the cheese looks charred, but really, it was fine and delicious!) with a side of sweet potato fries and Arnold Palmer to wash it all down. It was so delicious. -foreverfat- (* ̄m ̄)

Our dinner was at 6pm, the time 626 started. We figured we would only go for snacking..

 
 ..and then we saw this. ARE WE IN CHINA?!

There was no way for us to get through. When we were walking towards the event, we noticed half the people walking the opposite direction. We started thinking: maybe this is the wrong way?
 
 
NOPE. THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY.  But it was SO packed, more than half the people decided to call it quits and go to restaurants for food instead. Good thing we ate before we went! The food area was so full, I couldn't tell where the line started or ended! I even saw people climb over walls to get out. Seriously! \(--)/ マイッタ

So instead, we walked to the shopping area and wandered around until we landed at a live performance tent. Great Japanese artists performed some classic songs! Sugoi~ (゜◇゜)

Shopping! -(☆m☆)-

Though I was disappointed about the food, I have shopping to make up for it! Did not splurge THAT crazy, but I got nice items I thought was necessary!


         
Zara Skinny Trousers with Zips in black 

 These skinnies are so perfect. I have been looking for the perfect pair of black skinnies and these are it! Stretch so it fits like a glove, and gold accents on ankle zippers are a great touch! Super comfortable and looks great for dressed up (or down) occasions! I may go back for the navy color next.

  
H&M Waist Pleat Shorts in black
SUCH A GOOD DEAL! I have had a pair of black cuffed pleat shorts that I wore religiously for several years.. and it finally faded to a really gross color! I have been looking for a nice replacement pair, and I found it! YESSS! Sits right above hips, but not directly at the waist. It's not too short and not too long, so it's great for someone who wants to be conservative! And to top it off, it came with this super cute double-pierced skinny belt! The best BEST part? The price I got it for! On top of that, I had a 20% coupon for H&M that I could use for one item (and this was the only item I purchased!). You can get the coupon here (just print and present at counter!), but hurry, it expires on April 22nd!! ( ̄ー ̄)ニヤリ

 
Last but not least, this beautiful dusty pink cardigan! My friend (whom I met up with for night market) gave this to me after purchasing too small of a size. Her comment? "I can totally see you wearing this!" And it is so true, I have been going crazy over cardigans lately!
ASOS cardigan, Zara skinnies, H&M pleat shorts w/ belt

Aside from my shopping, I have bad news!

I FINISHED MY DREAMS UNLIMITED BODY BUTTER! It smelled so good, like baby powder with flowery hints. However, I have a new replacement (that I was skeptical about):
The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter
 ALMOST. This is almost perfect! This is a seasonal body butter that I got around Christmas time. It smells like cranberries, but after I apply it on my skin, it smells like sweet strawberries with hints of tartness. (ノ´∀`*)ノ SO HAPPY. I was worried I'd smell like the holidays for the next few months, but no! I smell like Spring fruits!

Still waiting on my mascara order. Why is it taking so long?! And they did not give me tracking number either. Should I be worried? Gah! (,,#゚Д゚):∴;'・,;`:ゴルァ!


Please remember to help me move on to the next round in Maid Cafe Idol by "liking" my picture here! I appreciate all of my goshujinsamas' and ojousamas' support!  ありがとうございます~ (^_-)-☆


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment