Monday, December 3, 2012

My new pet dragon, food, shopping hauls, and my back-logged OOTD's!

Wow this is going to be a fat update since I have not posted in quite some time! New pet, food, OOTD, and all the fun stuff! If you have a lot of time to kill, this is the perfect post to read lol. Sorry it is so long though.
m(。−_−。)m スイマセーン

My baby dragon

You heard me. A dragon. A real dragon. I now own a DRAGON?! Do they exist in real life? Yes. They do.


Okay, maybe not the type of dragon you are imagining, but something along those lines. He is currently 4 months old! My baby, Talon! Here are some photos! (*≧▽≦)

Talon, right after Obiwon and I got him! O(≧∇≦)O

After his first shedding!
After one of his meals. Notice his little gut? (O_O;)

Where is Talon?

Talon decides to rest on my thumb because it was warm. He would not get off.  -squeeee!-

Talon's first shedding! It looks like he is evolving into another Pokemon or something.

Under his basking rock. He is like a dog.

Talon wanted to see the outside, but he's so little it is unsafe for him. Solution: put him next to a window.

My naked face and my lovely Talon.
I think most people are disturbed by this pet! I honestly do  not see why though. Talon is a bearded dragon, which is actually a lizard (BUT he is still a dragon) with spikes all over. He does not look intimidating now, but when he gets bigger, his spikes will grow and he will look like a walking lizard-thorn hybrid.

Talon is a hybrid beardie; he is mixed with red/orange. This means his colors will be vibrant and bright with bits of orange/red. So far it seems that the dominant color is like a citrus green! I wonder what he will look like as he grows!!

As intimidating and "creepy" as most girls claim (all the guy friends think it's cool that I have a beardie for a pet lol!), bearded dragons are easily domesticated! Unless they are absolutely frightened or feel threatened, they can be handled easily by people. Don't get a beardie mad... or else they will harden their spikes and blacken their beards, looking like this:

NOT A HAPPY BEARDIE
So do not upset or scare them. Ever. They will lunge at you and flare out their spikes and get all dark. Not all beardies act this way regularly (like people, they have different personalities and temperament), but when they do feel danger, this is what they will do.

Aside from that, they are 99% friendly and calm. If you can't keep a cat (or you are allergic), this is thee next best pet to have! Did I mention they need minimal maintenance?

Noms

FOOD! I haven't been as diligent with updates on the food I have been having (not like anyone wants to see what goes in my stomach), but I totally wish I did. Sometimes it is best to cherish the moment without ruining it by slamming phone-cam photos every few minutes you see food pass by.

Then again, I do that often. Just not as much this time lol!! Let's have the pictures do the talking:

English tea! Because it has been cold and I love hot milk tea made at home!
Homemade pesto pasta with shrimp.
Homemade honey pancakes with peanut butter on top. I used honey instead of sugar and maple syrup.
Grilled steak with rice, string beans, bok choy, and boiled potatoes. Yes, homemade :)
Ramen with veggies, egg, and babeque pork. Also homemade (except the noodle packet haha)
Hong Kong style iced lemon tea
Wonton/dumpling/beef noodle soup.

Homemade chicken noodle soup. Fresh chicken broth (made at home) and home-shredded chicken meat!
My Thanksgiving meal. Enough said. Hahahhaa ;x
At last, my soy latte from Starbucks.

Shopping haul

Okay, aside from my new pet that I am still bubbling about, I have a mini haul to update you guys on!

So near Obiwon's place is a newly opened outlet mall called Paragon Outlets. Lovely place to go! Many shops I frequent are there, but are now OUTLETS, which means reduced prices! My purchases:

Kate Spade box! What did I get?
My new Kate Spade purse
I love getting Kate Spade bags as I always want bags I can use over and over again; simple bags, nothing too flashy. I went to the grand opening, and this bag was tagged down 40% off with an ADDITIONAL 20% off my whole purchase! I end up getting this for less than 100USD!


L'Occitane En Provence box
My new scent! Eau Captivante, a unisex cologne!
Recently, I have been noticing this store popping up around Northern California. L'Occitane En Provence is a French label famous for their shea butter hand cream (which I also own; smells like baby lotion and is super travel size!). When I walked into the store, I realized they had a fragrance collection! This scent, Eau Captivante, was actually perfect for what I was going for! Though this is more of a Spring scent, I nabbed it anyways since I heard it was sold for a limited time. Fresh, minty, a bit woody with some citrus, guys and gals will love this!

Other hauls!

I purchased a few other things as well with my friends..


SHOESSSS!! My lovely cosplay friend Ana decided to do a Taobao group order and so I indulged a bit since they were at a good deal (and quality is good too!). I was super surprised when I got them since they are from China; I was thinking the materials would be cheap and fall apart easily. However, the top shoe was made of a nice suede/velvet material, and the lower-right shoes were of great faux-leather quality. I was very surprised! Some better photos:

Nude wedged flats with removable ankle straps.


Mary Jane platforms with removable ankle straps.

Gold-tipped suede/velvet loafers.


The last pair has to be my favorite. I have been wanting plain loafers for quite some time, but when I found these with the bit of gold on the tip, I had to have it. A better look:


My legs look freakishly long, but I'm only 5'7". Just saying.

Quality was a lot better than I expected, so I definitely got a great deal on these! With shipping and everything, total came to be about 20USD per shoe. Not too bad!

OOTD

Some outfits I have been wearing. I did not get the chance to document all of it since that would make this an epic-long essay...or book. Please excuse some of the shoes as I have to wear good walking shoes for work since I move around a lot!

First day of work.



Lazy/comfy weekend outfit.


Wearing a vintage wool open cardigan from my dad.

One of my closet staples for the Winter, my angora open cardigan.

So happy with this cardigan! Especially with the pockets!

With my new Kate Spade bag!
 Not sure if I ever posted a clear picture of my hoodie (worn above). I handmade this hoodie a few years ago to keep warm during the cold nights at conventions, and now it is making its way into my Winter closet. It is lined inside and out, with the ever-so-soft baby blanket fabric (not sure what it is called). Here is a better photo of the outerwear:



Wearing my new maryjanes.







Wearing my new loafers.
You will notice the repetition of sweaters. Reason? It is freakishly cold! I have to keep layering! I have been loving the tidy-up look of a nice button-up and a sweater, but I am definitely waiting for it to be warmer so that I can dress mode/onee-gyaru again!

Denim

You may have noticed in my previous outfits something.

"Is she wearing the same jeans in like... 95% of the photos?"

Yes. Yes it is. And that's a great thing.

My jeans, as I am sure I have mentioned before, are raw. That means they have not been chemically enhanced or touched in any way. A simple way to describe it is that it is... raw. No sand-blasting or manually labored fades were put on my jeans; everything was done by the fit and movement of my body.

I love it. These jeans start off as this deep/dark indigo (looks almost dark grey-blue), and fade into a nice warm blue over time. It has been 6 months of no washing (you say gross, I say loved) and now my jeans look amazing. You can learn more about raw denim here if you are interested. Here are some before and after photos I found online:




My jeans. I apologize for the lighting! It is not as dark as it appears here.

APC Petit Standard, without any wear (it is unisex!)
At first glance, they don't seem like much at all. Just regular jeans hanging on a hanger. But those fades and folds are all from me! Sitting, running, walking, bending, etc. All the physical activities contributed in the personalization of these jeans! Raw denim is more durable, and looks even better over time! Here are some close-up photos of some parts of the process:

Honeycombs; these are fades/creases behind my knees.

My mild fades on the back pocket from sitting. I guess I sit a lot? Hahaha.

Fades on my knees! You can only see a slight color difference if you compare the left and right side.
I am totally loving minimalist jeans, and these jeans are actually unisex! My jeans are from..

A.P.C. Petit Standard


APC. A relatively expensive minimalist brand, but everything fits extremely well. These jeans cost 175USD, a hefty price for a pair of jeans for the average consumer, but worth every penny! A good thing about purchasing APC raw denim is that when you feel you have worn your jeans out enough that they need to retire (or you feel that you got the wrong size but have already worn it out), you can trade in your jeans for a new pair at 50% off; the worn pair will be dry-washed and re-sold to those who don't want to wear out their own jeans.

And you may be thinking, "Dang, size 24? So skinny!" NOPE. I AM A FAT PIG I SWEAR! Another perk about these jeans is that you need to size down 1 or 2 sizes from your normal fit. Reason? Raw denim stretches. It starts off feeling starchy and much like cardboard, hugs your legs like a tight sausage, but over time (there are many methods and pains you can go through to fit it to perfection; research first!) it fits perfect! I started off not being able to button any of the buttons (there are 4), and slowly I would progress, one month after another, one button a time.

So happy, I want a straight pair for comfy/casual days now (my current one is skinny-straight). Gotta' find the next one to purchase!

Okay, my update was fat. I'll let you guys rest your eyeballs before anything else explodes in your brain.

If you are missing my random posts, follow me on TUMBLR at http://alt0220.tumblr.com/

☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノイッテキマ-ス!!

No comments:

Post a Comment