Monday, September 23, 2013

Disneyland...sort of..

Once upon a time..


Just kidding.. for now.

-

This past weekend I attended the second-to-last week of the annual L.A. County Fair, in which my mom, brother, and I indulged in oily, fatty, delicious fair foods.


I feel so fat. Uh'Merca~!

The list of items we consumed were corn-on-a-cob, turkey drumstick, baked potato, chili dog, and our family favorite..


DIPPIN' DOTS!

To flush/neutralize all the greasy stuff we ate. Plus 2-3 bottles of water each.

For those of you who have never had Dippin' Dots, it basically consists of little balls of ice cream that had gone through a freeze-drying drying process, giving you miniature frozen ice cream balls. The great thing about this is that you don't have to worry about having ice cream drip all over your hands once it starts melting, and you can eat it neatly with a spoon! They come in a variety of fun flavors like blueberry sorbet, banana split, and also the original flavors like vanilla and chocolate.

My mother had a small cup with half Pina Colada (pineapple and coconut flavor) and half Mocha Java Expresso (coffee and chocolate flavor), and my brother and I got floats, which consisted of Sprite and Strawberry Sorbet (brother's), and Sprite with Banana Split (mine).

The rest of the fair was spent perusing through the exhibition halls. We did not purchase anything really, and so we headed to the last exhibition..


PENCILS to  P I X E L S


Which I think is best explained visually by the following video:



Basically this whole conference room had a selection of historical animation and illustrations that influenced.. well.. everyone. This goes from Tim Burton to Walt Disney to Tim Burton, along with influential movies such as Snow White, The Simpsons, etc. I took some photos of some of my favorite pieces at this exhibit:

Disney's favorite: toy train sets

Vintage Disney products

Vintage Disney memorabilia

Snow White

Mary Poppins

Sleeping Beauty

The Croods
And of course, my favorite...

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 





Left the fair after this exhibition and drove home to have some light food.


Homemade soup made of: chicken breast, squash, carrots, broccoli, and cabbage. Topped with watercress and some freshly ground peppercorn.


How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment