Monday, October 21, 2013

My Makeup Bag Contents


Let me start off with a photo of a blooming flower! Try to guess where this flower is blooming out of.

Dirt/soil? Of course. But what is the root of it?

..
...
.....

Can't figure it out? Well then, it is ACTUALLY...

DRAGON FRUIT

My family believes in growing fresh fruit and vegetables when given the opportunity (and space) to, and so after having a dragon fruit some time ago, my mother planted it among our bunches of potato leaves, and it flowered! If you search the internet for more photos, you will see that some of them can blossom quite a bit! It's wonderful!

On the topic of food, I was able to hang out with Deb over breakfast at Urth Caffe located in the Arts District in Downtown LA (not far from me at all!).

Now, some food!

Pecan scone and Pompei creme puff
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.


I don't know if it may be due to the fact that this is my second scone ever or what, but this was so good. I am not a fan of pecans, but the other options I considered were sold out, so I took a chance. Crumbly, lightly sweetened goodness! Deb was having the biggest first-world problem when it came to deciding, but finally decided on the creme puff. You know the Chinese custard tart dan tat? Imagine the flakiness outside, filled with crème brûlée inside. IT WAS AMAZING.






Deb was hungry enough to order a sandwich, which also came with a side of salad with their house vinaigrette. Once again, it was amazeballs; yes it's a word I made up.

Definitely check out the cafe if ever in LA! It is located right outside of Little Tokyo with a bunch of warehouses around, so do not be frightened if you think you are going the wrong way!


Now that you are hungry, I will present to you..

WHAT IS IN MY MAKEUP BAG

I try to pack as light as possible when it comes to makeup. There are many reasons for this.

  1. Travel friendly
  2. My skin is sensitive/prone to breakouts
  3. I do not like bulk

Unlike many beauty bloggers/vloggers, I actually do not regularly purchase makeup. I truly believe in having a HG makeup set that could be used for numerous occasions. The only time I purchase something new is when I am running out of a product I have been using and want to try something else, or the product I am using is not working for me at all (shade is off, product is breaking out my skin, etc.). And so for my day and night makeup, I present to you my beauty bag:


This bag measures 6" x 4" x 1", which is pretty small compared to some I have seen! The contents..


Here is what I pack in there and why:



  1. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Hazel. I am always using neutrals in my makeup routine as I find it most natural and flattering for my skin tone. This palette is all shimmer, so this works very well for night makeup as well as highlighting. A big plus? It comes with an eyeshadow brush!
  2. Urban Decay Naked Basics. Since my Physicians Formula has all the shimmer I could ask for, I got this palette for the matte shadows. The shadows are silky and opaque, colors are natural and good for day time. Perk of this? It has a built-in mirror!
  3. Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream in Glow. I realized a lot of BB creams do not work for me as I would break out or get little bumps at the end of the day, and so I was quite relieved when CC creams came out. This particular one was perfect since it worked more like a tinted moisturizer. Micro beads with bits of color pop when I spread it on my face, and the oxidation helps give it a natural glow. No need for a foundation brush on this one!
  4. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. Every girl needs this! I rotate this with the Shiseido one.
  5. Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara Remover. I have been using this since my old mascara (which I replaced recently with the new Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume and Curl), and I have not run out yet! Very handy for removing stubborn waterproof mascaras.
  6. Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara. I loved the old formula so much, I decided to try the new one when I ran out. So far, this is my HG mascara until I find one better, which may be an impossible task considering how perfect it almost is.
  7. Love Switch Pink Brown Mascara. I got this for two reasons: 1. I needed a mascara to lighten my brows for cosplays, and 2. I wanted a mascara I could use that would look softer. The only downside with this mascara is that my pre-curled lashes would straighten after application since the formula is so wet! The only solution was to apply my HG mascara first, then coat it with this one. I HIGHLY recommend this mascara since it has so many fibers, it builds insane length.
  8. E.L.F. Eyeshadow Primer. A much-needed item in a makeup bag to ensure display pigmentation on palettes! Highly recommended since it costs only $1 and does its job! It also helps that this is simpler in packaging, so I can store more things in my bag.
  9. Maybelline Fit Me™ Concealer. When you get the right shade, this is amazing. Coverage is medium and buildable, leaving a satin-like finish. Much like BB cream, a little goes a long way.
  10. The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Stick Concealer. For the [acne] scars on the face that visits on occasion! Smooth, buildable coverage, and super compact.
  11. L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder. Smooth and light coverage! It has a mirror underneath with a sponge applicator, so it's sanitary. Only complaint is that it's a plastic case, so I always worry about it cracking in longer travels.
  12. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion. Super creamy and opaque. The first minute you have it drawn, you can smudge it out for a smokey look before it takes hold on your lids, or just let it sit after tightlining. Set it with a bit of black eyeshadow and you are done. This is the one eyeliner I would truly indulge in.
  13. Milani Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Brown. If this was waterproof, then this drugstore eyeliner would be comparable to the Urban Decay 24/7. Super smooth and opaque, blends wonderfuly. Though it says "Dark Brown", it has a wonderful warm tone in it.
  14. Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner in Pearl Black. Instead of a traditional black gel liner, I got this one in pearl black since it had bits of glitter in it. Not too much, but just enough. The top is the applicator brush, so there is no need for bringing an additional brush with me! Waterproof, but not smudge-proof.


My makeup routine consists of a mix of these items depending on my mood, but generally looks natural. If I feel super fancy, I would add falsies for a bit more drama. So let's finish off with my look using these items!



Sorry, but the lighting made one eye bigger haha.


It is late now, so good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment